Posted on 10/06/2019
Absolute Online Auction – Grand 19th Century Hilltop Mansion
Auction Date & Time
Online bidding ends:
August 19th at 6:00 pm CT
Preview Date & Time:
August 9th at 12:00 pm CT
August 16th at 12:00 pm CT
700 N. Union St.
Lincoln, IL 62656
Bid Online at:
WILL SELL ABSOLUTE TO HIGHEST BIDDER REGARDLESS OF PRICE!
Gracious Lines, Historic Provenance, Rarely Available with
Unlimited Potential – A Home for All Times
• 5,500 sf +/- Main Greek Revival styled Residence on 3+ Acres of Mature Shaded Estate
• First Time on Market in nearly 60 years! This is Your One Opportunity to Purchase History!
• 6 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths
• Significantly Enlarged/Renovated Home on 3.29 Acres +/- in 1882 – Original Residence dates to 1859
• Beautiful Formal Rooms Throughout – Impressive Moldings – Wainscoting – Classic Architecture Abounds Throughout
• Designed for Entertainment & Gracious Living of a By-Gone Era – Incredibly well Constructed & Maintained for over 130 years
• First Floor contains: Formal Living Room, Informal Sitting Room/Office, Substantial Formal Dining Room, Large Kitchen, 2 Bedrooms, Full Bath & Half-Bath along with Informal Dining Area with Portrait Windows overlooking the grounds
• Second Floor has: Amazing Formal Library, Incredibly Spacious Master Suite, Winding Staircase to Second Grand Entry, 3 Secondary Bedrooms & Sitting Area above the Foyer
• Magnificent Grounds with Ageless Shade Trees, Mature Plantings, three Season Flowers and Ample Space for your Family’s lifestyle
• This Home is Perfect for use as a Bed & Breakfast or AirBnB
• Paved Circle Driveway leads to the impressive front Colonnade and separate Covered Porches
• Two Garages one with Workshop Area – each Garage can accommodate two automobiles
• The Stately front Columns were purchased and once graced President Lincoln’s Bank in Springfield
• Central Heat & Air with Zoned Systems plus an Intercom & Whole Home Security Systems
• All Utilities are operating and in good maintenance
Make sure to save the Open House Dates – Sunday Aug. 9 & 16 starting at 12 noon
Realtors Protected & Paid if Registered Buyer is the Winning Bidder – Contact us Today to Sign up Your Client
Recent Updates and Renovations Include:
• 2012 Repaved Entire Driveway with Blacktop
• 2013 Home exterior completely painted
• 2014 New Raised Seam Insulated Roof on House & Both Garages
• 2015 New High Velocity Air Conditioning System
• 2016 Replaced one of 2 Gas fired Hot Water Boilers
• 2018 Painted Upstairs Interior
• 2019 Painted Downstairs Interior
Convenient Centralized Location
• 22 minutes from Springfield, IL
• 28 minutes to Bloomington/Normal
• 37 minutes to Decatur, IL
• 2.5 hours to Chicago
The genteel residence and grounds conveniently located at 700 North Union Street is distinguished from any other properties by the twelve wooden Corinthian columns which were originally mounted on the front of the Springfield based Illinois State Bank, this institution served many client, one in particular was Abraham Lincoln and his growing family along with his law firm. Around 1870 the bank made the decision to reconstruct its main offices into a masonry (brick & stone) exterior and the columns were no longer needed.
Today, purchasers will appreciate the stately double columned brick entry on Union Street, where the circle drive leads to this modern updated 6-bedroom, 3.5 bath 5,500+/-sf midwestern showplace. Immaculately maintained, the Brainard ~ Edwards House is perched upon a prime 3.29 acre parcel and awaits a new family to fall in love and forever enjoy this hidden gem that’s tucked amongst the ancient shade trees, gardens and orchard making it one of the most classic and iconic dwellings in the Midwest full of a bountiful history, splendid memories and an amazing provenance dating back to the beginning of our nation.
Call Today for More Details on This Fantastic Investment Opportunity
Please download the information package to review all available information. Make sure to watch the Drone Video to get a feel for the property. Tranzon personnel are also available to answer any additional questions you may have and look forward to providing you a tour of this outstanding property. Take the next step today and download the information, you’ll be glad you did!
Online bidding ends August 19th at 6:00 pm CT
10% Buyer's Premium, 10% Deposit of the Total Sale Price and other terms apply.
Tranzon Asset Advisors, Vance Luksetich, IL Broker #471.014411
For more information, please contact Kelly Toney at 888-791-7307 ext. 88